FAMILY AND RELATIONSHIP PROPERTY LAW
At GML Lawyers, we understand that relationships are dynamic and constantly changing. Therefore, the legal advice and assistance you receive needs to be tailored to your specific situation and requirements.
Whether you are looking to protect your personal assets with a relationship property agreement (also known as a ‘contracting out agreement’ or ‘pre-nup’), or wondering “what now?” following a relationship break up, we have a team of experienced lawyers who are here to help provide you with guidance and ease of mind in what is often a confusing, confronting and sensitive topic. We are here to help simplify the process for you and provide you with quality practical advice which is uniquely shaped for your set of circumstances.
We can help you in a wide range of relationship property matters, including:
- Drafting relationship property agreements and separation agreements
- Negotiating the terms of the agreement with your partner
- Explaining your rights and entitlements under the Property (Relationships) Act
- Providing independent advice on a relationship property agreement your partner has asked you to sign.
We can help you in wide range of family law matters including:
- Care of Children Act Proceedings
- Negotiating day to day care and contact arrangements (including filing without notice applications for interim parenting orders and orders preventing the removal of children from New Zealand)
- Resolving disputes between guardians
- Filling applications for the appointment of additional guardians
- Representing and defending clients in cases involving Oranga Tamariki.
- Family Violence Proceedings
- Filing applications for temporary protection orders and defending clients whom orders have been issued against
- Filing and defending applications for spousal maintenance
- Filing applications for dissolution
- Protection of Personal Property Rights Act
- Applications for the appointment of property managers and welfare guardians
- Applications for adoptions.
Our team in East Auckland is committed to providing services and advice that will help you achieve your objectives in a professional and efficient manner, where you can be assured of honesty, discretion and professional integrity.
Get in touch with us if you’re looking for genuine people, real advice and practical solutions. We’d love to hear from you.
Trusts & Wealth Management
Commercial Disputes & Litigation
High Net Worth Individuals
Land Compensation Schemes
Book a Free 15 Minute Consultation
As first time buyers we really appreciated the support and advice that Carol gave us. We found GML Lawyers to be very professional without costing us the earth. I would highly recommend them for a house converyance.
Andy & Willow
Recently I had reason to search for a local lawyer to represent me in my new role as a widow.
Finding Carol Livingstone during this stressful time has been of huge comfort to me because Carol is a smart, attentive yet totally sympathetic professional.
Completing all the necessary procedures has been made easy for me by Carol, whose guidance is expert and compassionate.
Margaret, Eastern Beach
We would just like to say on behalf of our family, thanks for the services you provided for our mother’s estate and the very professional manner in which everything was conducted
Pat & Greg
SCHEME FOR PUBLIC
TRUSTS & WEALTH
HIGH NET WORTH